> This is our tutorial:
>
> http://docs.sympy.org/tutorial.html
>
> Do you have some ideas how it could be improved?
OK.  That isn't too bad.  I think we should add a bit for people who
are new to Python.  There seem to be quite a few people who use SymPy
who have never used Python before.  In particular, maybe a list of
some  Python "gotchas" and common pitfalls for people used to other
computer algebra systems.  Here are some ideas, based on stuff that I
have noticed:

1) = is not equals (use Eq, or set all expressions equal to 0
2) == compares exactly, not symbolically (is there a function that
compares symbolically? I know you can do simplify(a-b) and see if it
reduces to 0)
3) variable assignment does not place a relation on variables (this is
already in the FAQ on the wiki)
4) no implied multiplications
5) use Rational instead of / to get symbolic fractions
6) basic use of [ and ( (There was a question about this in the list a
while back)
7) exponents with ** (most people in other CAS's use ^)
8) asin, acos, etc. instead of arcsin

Also, the tutorial doesn't seem to mention using dir() to get a list
of all functions and classes and help(func) to get help on a class.