Hi,

I may be a tad out of touch with recent sympy developments, but here goes.
(And I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong on any of these points.)

> Firstly, if there is a float in the expression I feed to the .latex()
> function, is there anyway I can set the precision of the resulting
> LaTeX formatted string? Currently, the precision is like 14-15 sig
> figs. Or else should I set the precision of the float when I create it
> in my program?

If I recall I wrote a patch to make this configurable. However, I never got
around to finishing it/writing tests for it. It should still be functional and
available from the issue tracker.

> Secondly, if the .latex() function encounters a function, such as
> sympy.cos for example, it places it in an "\operatorname{ }"
> typesetting. However, this syntax throws an error when I compile, so I
> have just been doing an
>  output.replace("operatorname","mbox") r
> outine to get rid of it. But I think that \operatorname is just not
> supposed to be used.

I believe \operatorname is part of the AMS math extensions. Ensure that the
AMS packages are used when you process the generated LaTeX.

> Lastly, if the input to the .latex() function is long, the generated
> tex output will always jump off the page once compiled. I know it is
> possible to use the GA module instead of sympy.latex() but I use latex
> at the very end of a bunch of computations where I don't use GA. Is
> there anyway to set the printer to create a '\n' at convenient break
> points in the expression within a specified page width?

Take a look at the breqn package: http://www.ctan.org/tex-
archive/help/Catalogue/entries/breqn.html

Regards, Freddie.