On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 4:06 PM, Jorn Baayen <jorn.baa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Something I've been missing in sympy is support for simple vector calculus.
> So I wrote up a little module (with support for curvilinear
> coordinate systems), and I attach it to this e-mail in case anyone else
> finds it useful.

Nice.  Would you like to submit this as a patch to sympy?  Probably
create a new directory sympy/functions/coordinates, unless you have a
better idea where to put this.

I would rename CoordinateSystem3D to OrthogonalSystem3D, because that
is what it is. Otherwise you'd have to use differential geometry, just
like Alan has suggested. I also have some notes here how it works:

http://certik.github.com/theoretical-physics/book/src/math/differential-geometry.html

Ondrej