On Dec 20, 3:54 am, "Aaron S. Meurer" <asmeu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Everything including the docs works for me in Mac OS X 10.6.2.  It installed
> fine, the isympy shortcut works in my path, and the tests all pass.
>
> To David: I have sphinx installed through fink, which I think is a
> requirement for the docs to work.  There are quite a few errors and warnings
> making the docs, but nothing that causes it to fail (it's mostly minor
> formatting things that Sphinx doesn't like), and nothing that we don't
> already know about.
>
> The Geometric Algebra docs take forever to render, assumedly because they
> have LaTeX, but that is it.  Do we normally ship the package with prerendered
> docs or just the rst files?

Normally we don't ship the docs, however I could release them
separately.

> By the way, I noticed looking through the README that the brief history is a
> little outdated.  Can someone who has been around since it was last updated
> (around 2007) bring it up to date?

Well, not me.

> Also, what are the rules for pushing in fixes during a release cycle?  Should
> I hold off until the release, or does it not matter?

I think there are no rules, feel free to push if you are sure it
introduces no regressions. I'd rather not add new features or break
the API for example.

> > The source build went smoothly and as expected on a mac running 10.6.2
> > (python 2.6).
> > There seem to be some errors in the "make html" command. However, when I did
> > sudo cp /usr/local/bin/rst2html.py /usr/local/bin/rst2html
> > first, the html docs seem to build okay, except for several relatively
> > errors.
> > At least, by random sampling I could not find any serious problems.
> > Maybe something needs to be modified in the makefile for the mac OS?

Thanks for testing! Maybe our makefile could be improved to also
accept rst2html.py instead of rst2html.

Vinzent