On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 5:24 PM, Aaron S. Meurer <asmeu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So PSF won't mentor any sympy project unless it is a project to port to
> python3?  Hopefully there will be other organizations willing to mentor for
> sympy again (or else that sympy gets accepted as an organization).

We'll see.

> Are we even ready to port to py3k?  As long as we still support python2, we
> will have to maintain two separate code bases.

Yes, we are definitely ready. The 2to3 conversion tool has to be used,
so we'll maintain and develop in our python2 branch and then just
automatically use the 2to3 tool to convert the code to py3. See my
branch here where I fixed lots of issues already:

http://github.com/certik/sympy/tree/2to3-bugs

and all the py3* branches. More work is needed though.

Ondrej