> I have created a branch on github and have started to implement the
> base classes for everything.  For now I have been moving things from
> secondquant over to a new quantum.py module.  In the process I am
> striping out all the second quantization stuff and making it
> completely general.  Lots more to do, but here is the branch.
>
> http://github.com/ellisonbg/sympy/tree/quantum

I think we need to add another property to the State class to indicate
the Hilbert space to which it belongs. If we define the basis
somewhere we need to define one for each space.

> I am keeping a list of design questions at the top of the quantum.py module:
>
> http://github.com/ellisonbg/sympy/blob/quantum/sympy/physics/quantum.py#L5

> * Should Operator.name and State.name be a string or symbol?
State.name should be a symbol, this can be very useful, specially in
quantum computing applications.

> * Should __repr__ return a nice representation of things or the more pythonic
> thing.  |a> or Ket('a').
I vote for |a>, after having many kets, the other repr can become hard to read.

> * Should we allow states to have names that are composite from the ground up?
Do you mean having many name labels for a single state? If that is the
case I think It will be much simpler to have single-label states (in a
different Hilbert space each) and compose them with Mul.

Greetings,
Asaf