Hi,

missing quotes around domain, should be:

Poly(dict(FGH), *gens, **{'domain':'QQ'})

> it works correctly, except it defaults to ZZ.

You can add field=True (**{'ffield': True} in your system) instead of
domain, to force Poly to use a field always instead of deriving minimal
domain automatically (still it will automatically derive that this should be
a number domain not e.g. polynomial domain etc.).

On 18 April 2010 16:29, Aaron S. Meurer <asmeu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is for the same reason mentioned earlier.  f(*args, kwarg=value)
> syntax isn't supported until Python 2.6 or greater.  The solution is to use
> Poly(dict(FGH), *gens, **{domain:'QQ'}) (or update to Python 2.6).
>
> Aaron Meurer
> On Apr 18, 2010, at 5:24 PM, Ben Goodrich wrote:
>
> > Hi Mateusz,
> >
> > On Apr 18, 6:48 pm, Mateusz Paprocki <matt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hi,

> >> the above should read
> >>
> >> Poly(dict(FGH), *gens, domain='ZZ')
> >>
> >> (or domain='QQ' if you used the rational field in previous steps).
> >
> > I tried that way previously, but it results in an error
> >
> >   File "<ipython console>", line 1
> >     fgh = Poly(dict(FGH), *gens, domain='QQ')
> >                                       ^
> > SyntaxError: invalid syntax
> >
> > regardless of whether domain is ZZ or QQ.  If I just do
> >
> > fgh = Poly(dict(FGH), *gens)
> >
> > it works correctly, except it defaults to ZZ.
> >
> > Actually, I can't even do
> >
> > FF = sdp_from_dict(Poly(F, *gens, domain = 'QQ').as_dict(), O_lex)
> >
> > or specify any option after the *gens without getting the above syntax
> > error.
> >
> > I am using Python 2.5.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Ben