On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 10:26 PM, william ratcliff
<william.ratcl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone had any thoughts or seen what other CAS do to take advantage of
> multiple cores?  For example, if one is collecting terms, one could imagine
> farming out subexpressions to search to each core.

Very good idea!

Or when one is expanding things like (x+1)**10 * (y+3)**20, or series
expansion of things like 1/(sin(x)*cos(x)), those could be easily (?)
done in parallel. Once we are done with refactoring assumptions +
cache, we'll try to put in our cython core and that will allow us to
experiment with things like these.

Ondrej