On Jul 16, 2010, at 4:00 AM, smichr wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a lot of work that I have separated out into about 35 issues.
> The work deals with everything from minor editing of code, to handling
> of non-commutatives in simplifications and (hopefully) a total purge
> of power-rule infractions (e.g. allowing sqrt(x*y) to become
> sqrt(x)*sqrt(y)). When all changes are made, the runtime of the test
> suite drops by about 20%.[1]
>
> This work has survived through the new polys and the ploughing of the
> core. If it's going to make it in I would really like to get some help
> on reviewing these issues before any other major changes take place.
>
>                  ======== it's in branch t at smichr's' github
> account ===========
>
> Everything is sitting in branch t at the smichr account at github.
> Everything has been rebased on master. All tests and doctests passed
> in 64 bit (but I am double checking after the rebase on the current
> master).
>
> Although the first few commits are independent of each other the
> commits that follow them become interdependent. I'm not sure what the
> best way is to review these. I can' pull them off independently for
> review since they won't rebase on master as independent; the term we
> use on the issue page for such issues is "blocked on". The way I would
> review these if they were on someone else's branch would be to use
> gitk to view a single commit; if I wanted to confirm that the tests
> passed I would checkout the particular commit and test it.
>
> So,
>
> 1) are there ideas of how best to review this?

Also, it would help if you could avoid rebasing a branch once it is up for
review. Basically, if I add a comment to your code in GitHub, then you rebase,
you won't see the comment in your branch.  I will still show up in
http://github.com/smichr/sympy/comments, but on the commit object that I
originally commented on.

I hope to go through and do just that this weekend.