On Sep 5, 2010, at 8:26 PM, Aaron S. Meurer wrote:

> On Sep 5, 2010, at 8:21 PM, Aaron S. Meurer wrote:

>>> It's in, so now if you want to read the old revieew or comment on it
>>> (or reopen it), go to:
>>>
>>> http://github.com/sympy/sympy/pulls
>>>
>>> and click "Closed", or just go here directly:
>>>
>>> http://github.com/sympy/sympy/pull/1
>>>
>>> Btw --- github automatically noticed, that I have pushed the patches
>>> in using "git push" and it closed the pull request. I am getting
>>> excited for this. :)

>> So I did this.  Now all NeedsReview and PassedReview issues (hopefully) have
>> the Google Code user name of each person who has a patch/branch for review
>> as a comment on the issue.  Please do the same for any future issues for
>> which you add this lable, and also please remove the username if you change
>> NeedsReview to NeedsBetterPatch.
>>
>> One note, Google Code will strip the @ from a username that is an email. So
>> let's just agree to make the label for those users the username of the email
>> (so instead of bob.sm...@example.com, just bob.smith).  The same I guess
>> will work for users with obfuscated emails.
>>
>> You can easily find the issues for each person by searching for
>> "label:personname" in the issue tracker.
>>
>> Here are some statistics from this.  The numbers for the people add up to
>> more than the totals because some issues have more than one person who has
>> submitted a patch:
>>
>> Number of NeedsReview issues: 77
>> smichr: 42
>> mattpap: 22
>> asmeurer: 7
>> Ronan.Lamy: 3
>> jensen.oyvind: 3
>> nicolas.pourcelot: 2
>> Vinzent.Steinberg: 1
>> ondrej.certik: 1
>> felix.kaiser: 1
>> renato.coutinho: 1
>> torstenmarcoknodt: 1
>> chr.schubert: 1
>>
>> Number of PassedReview issues: 8
>> Issues by person:
>> smichr: 6
>> asmeurer: 2
>> mattpap: 1
>>
>> I'm not sure what is more embarrassing: 77 NeedsReview issues, many of which
>> have had that label for months now, or 8 PassedReview issues. Some of these
>> are part of larger branches, like polys11, but some are stand alone.  Let's
>> push these in!
>>
>> And getting back to the original thread, only one of my NeedsReview issues
>> is for a patch that is separate from my integration3 branch, so I will add
>> that as a pull request.
>
> OK, so when I click on "Pull Request" at GitHub, it wants to notify the user
> certik (Ondrej) inserted of sympy, assumedly because my repository is set as
> forked from certik instead of sympy.  Any idea how to work around this?
>
> By the way, since certik isn't forked from anything (see
> http://github.com/asmeurer/sympy/network/members) what happens when you click
> on "Pull Request", Ondrej?
>
> Aaron Meurer

Never mind, I figured it out.  You just have to change the base commit of the
comparison to sympy/sympy:master (click on the black commit indicator, or
"Change Commits").

So now I've got a pull request in there, if anyone cares.

It doesn't seem to be possible to add a pull request for a single commit or
small commit range within another branch because, even though you can do
something like 5a25de2~3..5a25de2 (which is awesome, btw), it is will only send
the request to the author of 5a25de2~3, which in this case is me.  I guess I
need to go into the GitHub features request and request the ability to send the
pull request to anybody.

Aaron Meurer