Hi,

On 18 November 2010 08:03, Filip Dominec <filip.domi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you, this version works. (Now I have to find out to which extent
> the inequalities can be solved; it seems to me that many functions
> have to be converted to MacLaurin series before. Moreover, it would be
> handy to convert inequalities to an interval.)

Inequality solver is pretty simple right now. In principle it supports only
polynomials of real and complex variable, however it can be easily extended
to support rational functions and absolute values (somewhere I have
preliminary code for this).

Originally there was support for both interval and relational syntax.
However, it wasn't very convenient to handle intervals if we accept complex
variables, side conditions etc., so only, more general, relational syntax
was left. I think it shouldn't be very hard to write a function for
converting relational to interval form (where it makes sense).

Mateusz