On Nov 18, 7:02 pm, Mateusz Paprocki <matt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> it can be easily extended
> to support rational functions and absolute values (somewhere I have
> preliminary code for this).

Cool. Right now I am using sympy to solve some calculations for
geometrical optics. These problems boiled down to a system of rational
equations with several variables. However, there are also several
constraints which would be handled the most efficient way if I could
simply calculate intersection of all the intervals for which the
inequalities hold.

This is my motivation to use the inequality solver. I would be happy
if I could get the fresh version from git, test it on a real problem
and report how it works.

> I think it shouldn't be very hard to write a function for
> converting relational to interval form (where it makes sense).

I expect it would not be hard, but I have not oriented in the code yet
to try it myself.
Filip