On 03-19-2011, at 12:54 AM, Aaron S. Meurer wrote:

> Interesting.  I think for the pull requests (which are the only thing we use
> on GitHub; our issues are at Google Code), the default interface is better
> because it puts the code right there, where as with this, the code is hidden.

I didn't realize that the issues were still on Google Code. I thought the
issues would be moved over when the repo when to Github. The advantage of using
Github for issues is that you can have a commit automatically close an issue,
by appropriate tagging in the commit description. I'm assuming it would work
for when you merged a pull request as well.

> Do you know how it computes the priority?

Priority isn't specifically determined, it's set. By default, if you go to the
issues for a repository on Github, it's sorted by priority. If you're the
owner, you can drag the issues into a new order to set the priority. So, issues
at the top have the highest priority. The default priority is in order of
creation (I think). So, the oldest issues would have the highest priority
unless the order was changed.

I find the Issues application useful because I'll create issues for my specific
repositories. So, with the app I can see all the issues I have outstanding on
all my repositories (in addition to important 3rd party ones).

Cheers,

Tim.

---
Tim Lahey
PhD Candidate, Systems Design Engineering
University of Waterloo
http://about.me/tjlahey