On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 12:07 AM, Ondrej Certik <ond...@certik.cz> wrote:

> Hi Hector,
>
> On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 2:04 AM, Hector <hector1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > Yesterday, I was going through plotting module of SymPy and I found it
> way
> > behind the current standards. I don't know whether it is because pyglet
> or
>
> Yes, the plotting module needs to be reworked to handle multiple
> backends, matplotlib being the obvious one (others are asciiart,
> google chart API link, and so on).
>
> > some drivers missing in my system but having used matplotlib before it
> was
> > quite annoying. I have worked with distutils to make my module ( for
> finding
> > the cliques in graph ) but could complete it. I can handle the  setup.py
> but
> > would need some guidance. And since its very big decision, I think I
> should
> > ask the group first.
>
> I didn't get what exactly you are asking for --- you want to improve
> our setup.py somehow?

What I wanted to say is that - I got little exposure in handling setup.py
files. And if we decided to switch from pyglet to matplotlib ( I never
worked with any other) we need to change setup.py files, right?
But since never done any major work in that area, it would be great if I get
someone to guide me in the beginning.

> Ondrej

-Regards
Hector

Whenever you think you can or you can't, in either way you are right.