On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 4:09 PM, SherjilOzair <sherjiloz...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Hector,
>
> You raise a very interesting problem. Its surprising Sympy doesn't
> have this already. Do you have this functionality coded in for a
> general function f(x) ? Would like to see your code.
>
> Regards,
> Sherjil Ozair
>

> On Mar 28, 12:06 pm, Hector <hector1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello ppl,
> >
> > I was browsing the code and realized that some of my earlier written
> codes
> > can be implemented if they are already not present. So I started to dig
> more
> > but couldn't find any function for solving f(x) congruent to 0 mod (n).
> Does
> > any function exists in SymPy to solve this? If yes, where is it? If no,
> > where can I add this function?
> >
> > --
> > -Regards
> > Hector
> >
> > Whenever you think you can or you can't, in either way you are right.

Hello everyone,

I don't think such problems are treated for general f(x). You can't have
anything other than polynomial I guess. I wrote a program to solve any
polynomial in x and for any number n. Well the building blocks is - you
first solve it for a prime than for a prime power and than for product of
prime powers( i.e. any number ) . Following is the link to final code.

https://github.com/hector1618/Abstract-Algebra/blob/master/hd_anynumber.m

Please go through README of some repo and tell me if there is anything more
that I can add to SymPy.