Hey Aaron,
I am a first year student of Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi in
India.I am pursuing a dual degree(B.Tech + M.Tech) in Computer
Science.
I just got to know about GSoC, and SymPy being one of the
participating
organizations.
I wanted to ask you for a topic that you would like someone to work on
as I couldn't decide on one myself.
However,I wanted to work on matrices,but considering the fact that
two people are already working on it,I thought not to go for it.
What do you say?
Will it still help me get into GSoC if I work on matrices and work on
something others are not working upon.
I have a good experience in python.
I have programmed the RSA encryption in python(with my own big number
package) as a project for an Algorithm Course, implementing the
Karatsuba Multiplication in it.It does 64-bit computation in a pretty
good time(5 sec).
I am really passionate about algorithms and coding and would really
like to spend my summer doing this, that to under SymPy.
It would really help if you culd guide me a little bit.

--
Cheers,
Siddharth