On 1 Mai, 16:40, Haz <christian.mu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>   The cache issue runs deeper -- variable x, that depends on variably y, may
> simplify to something that doesn't even involve y because of the assumptions
> that come with y. In this case, a result is stored for x that is only valid
> under the right assumptions for y, and we would need to be very careful
> about what cache entries change when we delete y.
>
>   The example may sound contrived, but it does arise in practice, and was a
> headache to debug.

Well there must be an end to it, right? Every assumption is about
symbols. Every symbol x that depends in any way on another symbol y
has y in its free_symbols. In fact any exrpession has all symbols it
depends on (recursively) in its free_symbols. Hence it would be enough
to pull all assumptions involving any free symbols into the hash
computation.

Right? [If not then one point in the above chain of argument must be
wrong; this is very well possible :-)]

Of course then we want a quick way to find all assumptions involving a
given symbol. The easiest would be to have the symbol store a list of
assumptions it is involved in. … Which brings us back to ronan's
comment that all this is not much different from storing assumptions
with the symbols anyway.