On Sat, May 21, 2011 at 2:45 PM, Mateusz Paprocki <matt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 21 May 2011 23:41, Ondrej Certik <ond...@certik.cz> wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, May 21, 2011 at 1:41 PM, Aaron S. Meurer <asmeu...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > This is kind of similar to the oeis() function (issue 2203).  Maybe we
>> > should create a module for these kinds of things.  It should to in
>> > utilities.
>>
>> That's right, I was going to mention oeis() and forgot. All these
>> things do belong in sympy. I think utilities is a good place for it.
>
> Or maybe start another module, e.g. sympy.external or sympy.iteroperability,
> because it may require external dependencies like json, xml processing,
> parsing, etc.

Right.

I know that there wasn't any objections to the above, but I was
thinking a bit about it anyway, whether or not such a thing belongs
into sympy, and my argument is the following: we already provide
Mathematica (and other programs) conversions, and Wolfram Alpha is
just another program (web app), and in fact, it is way more common
than Mathematica (I think way more people use Wolfram Alpha than
Mathematica -- I don't have any data to back this up though). So this
belongs to the category of "interoperability with other CAS
applications or services". And this does belong to SymPy.

Ondrej