I need review on this style for matrix groundtypes, i.e. having a list
of builtin dtypes, and an other option for misc backends.
Do you think the list of builtins is good enough ? Should I add/remove
stuff ?

The Matrix will still support seamlessness. I mean, if a Matrix of
Ints comes up, and user wants to take its inverse, then the dtype will
automatically be changed to Rational, and the inverse calculated in
the Rational field. The original Matrix however would remain the same.
(  In accordance to immutability).