Greetings,

My name is Dave Shein, and I'm an Adjunct Faculty at Rochester Institute of
Technology. Along with Chris Tyler
<http://teachingopensource.org/index.php/User:Chris_Tyler>of Seneca College,
we are hosting a week long
POSSE<http://teachingopensource.org/index.php/POSSE>boot-camp at the RIT campus
from June 20
th -24th. POSSE <http://teachingopensource.org/index.php/POSSE>, sponsored
by Red Hat, is a week long educational hand-on seminar in open source
process, collaboration, and education. The central purpose of
POSSE<http://teachingopensource.org/index.php/POSSE>is to increase awareness
and opportunities for Open Source participation in
the university setting. All of POSSE participants are university staff or
faculty who will take what they learn in POSSE and use that knowledge in CS
and related curricula, to spread the word about open source collaboration,
and to provide increased educational opportunities for CS related students.
Our first two days are spent acclimating our participants to tools and
resources of the open source community, but on the third and fourth day of
POSSE we will have our participants do a code-sprint. We are looking for
opportunities in existing open source projects which have a quick learning
curve and setup time for folks with a CS background but who in most cases
will not have a great depth of experience working in open source languages.
We are particularly interested in having our participants hack on Fedora
based projects. The students will have a Fedora F14 & F15/Linux work
environment setup as part of their initial orientation, and we are looking
for projects that will not have lengthy setup beyond the participants'
initial setup.

We obtained information about your open source project through OpenHatch,
and would like to know if your project would have elements that would be
amenable to our sprint. There will be approximately fifteen to twenty
participants working on the sprint in teams of 3 to 5 people each, of whom
most are coders. IN ADDITION we are also looking for a project participation
opportunity for 3 to 4 non-coders, possibly in the form of testing,
copywriting, or editing work. Ideally we would also like to coordinate with
a point-person in your organization during the period of the sprint, a
person to whom participants could direct questions, perhaps via IRC in real
time.

If this is of interest to you please contact me at your earliest
convenience. I hope that we can work together soon.

David Malcom Shein

Rochester Institute of Technology

IRC# ProfSheinRIT on freenode