Hi,

On 16 July 2011 00:12, Ondrej Certik <ondrej.cer...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 9:17 AM, Andy Ray Terrel <andy.ter...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > My suggestion would be to continue with the matrixify solution and
> > write functions to fix up the expression tree as need be.  The whole
> > issue of making Add/Mul/Pow extensible is separate but the logic can
> > be transferred pretty easily.
>
> Exactly. Just get the job done, implement the necessary code, and
> whether or not Add/Mul/Pow classes can be extended is a separate
> issue, and I would suggest not to, to keep things simple in the core,
> so that we can refactor once we finish the assumptions refactoring.

btw. Here is my interpretation of matrix expressions:
https://github.com/mattpap/sympy/tree/matrix_expr. Currently it doesn't
implement matrix expression arithmetic, but most certainly I'm not going to
allow a*M or A + B to "doit" by default, rather I will implement this within
expand() framework. What I need are semi evaluated matrix expressions, so
det(A^T) can be rewritten to det(A), but a*M must remain unevaluated. This
branch is very preliminary, there are no tests for the new stuff and I
didn't run tests so a few things may be broken

> Ondrej

Mateusz