Le mercredi 13 juillet 2011 à 10:51 -0700, Brian Granger a écrit :
> Matthew,
>
> Arron has provided a fantastic summary of the issues involve.  The
> summary is that even if you subclass Add/Mul/Pow, sympy will end up
> creating expressions that don't use your subclasses everywhere.  This
> can't be fixed without changing the core, which is outside the scope
> of your project.  I know I sound like a broken record, but you should
> resist the temptation to define your own Add/Mul/Pow classes.

I'm not convinced. What other solution is there?

Also, creating Add/Mul/Pow subclasses looks like the obvious way of
extending sympy, so we want to make it work at some point. Creating
MatrixAdd, etc. will help a lot with that by highlighting all the places
where we assume things like a + b == Add(a, b). So if Matthew thinks he
can make it work without too much pain, compared to the alternatives,
then I think he should go for it.