Hi

I'm a bit ashamed that Aaron gave better introduction than me for my own
code :)
Anyway, I think the documentation of Plot and the module is quite detailed
so you can look also at help(Plot) and help(newplot).

About the warnings - my idea was to structure the base backend class in
such a way that any missing functionality in the backend subclass will just
raise a warning but not an error (unless it is some essential
functionality). So those will be addressed later.

It can plot Integrals (due to an old addition done to lambdify thanks to
Certik) but not Sums or anything fancy like product of Kets and Bras. To do
those a more in depth refactoring of lambda will be needed as Certik's
method for adding Integral to lambdify does not scale well. I think this is
an important problem.

Discontinuous functions may pose problems for the moment (none seen for the
moment, but this is mostly by chance).

About the bug in matplotlib - Aaron, you said that you will make a pull
request for them. Should I do something or you have already taken care of
this.

I'll start writing tests for the module in the near future. Then the core
devs should tell me if this code is going in and how.

About the '3d' string - you are right it's a bad default. It's just that
contour was written first, but I'll change this now.

Finally - I was squashing and rebasing this pull request quite a bit. Now
as it's getting more attention I'll stop doing it, so you are free to make
changes if you are interested.