On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 7:44 PM, Mateusz Paprocki <matt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 15 November 2011 01:17, Vladimir Perić <vlada.pe...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 8:08 AM, Aaron Meurer <asmeu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi.

>> > I don't have time to do it right now, and won't until Christmas break,
>> > but if you want to do it, that would be great.  Regarding the blocking
>> > issues, there are a few deprecation cycles I would like to get
>> > started, but other than that, I think most of them can be postponed
>> > (or the blocking label removed), unless they already have pull
>> > requests.
>>
>> I'd be up for helping too, but I don't think I could handle everything
>> on my own.
>
> It would be a big help if you handled Python 3 related issues. I'm not sure
> if setup.py is ready for releasing SymPy for Python 3 and what is the
> procedure. There is no documentation about this
> at https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/New-Release.

Yes, of course, I'll gladly handle the Python 3 stuff. About
releasing, Aaron said setup.py behaves fine under py3k (when run from
the py3k-sympy dir, of course), but I suppose we shouldn't edit the
New Release page until we've tried it "for real" and know for sure.
Any issues that turn up I'll take a look at. BTW, there's some small
issues with the bin/use2to3 tool that I noticed which I'd like to fix
real soon - they aren't blockers for release, but I'd still like to
have it in a better state. I hope to do this by tomorrow already.

I'll also help where I can with the release notes and the issues and
stuff (well, where I feel competent enough to help).

>> > By the way, where are you giving the tutorial at?
>> >
>> > Aaron Meurer
>> >
>> > --
>> >

>> --
>> Vladimir Perić