It would be feasible to implement a system that can solve some problems.

However, there are a number of other tasks that have higher payoff/cost
ratios (getting it merged into master a clear example). I don't personally
plan to work on the infinite issue in the near future.

However, the first step to this has nothing to do with sympy-stats and
could be accomplished by any motivated member of this community (if indeed
it is feasible). Every random variable implementation depends on a
well-separated backend. Finite RVs depend on sets and iterators, Continuous
RV's depend on integrals, Multivariate on Matrix Exprs.  Infinite RVs would
require a strong sequences and series module. A simple example problem
might be the following

\sum_{i=0}^n\sum_{j=0}^i e^{-\lambda_1 i - \la happymbda_2
j}<http://latex.codecogs.com/png.latex?\sum_{i=0}^n\sum_{j=0}^ie^{-\lambda_1%20i-\lambda_2%20j}>

If a module was produced which could solve many problems like the above
then it would easy for me to create an infinite discrete random variable
object. The stronger the ability of this module, the broader the class of
random expressions it could solve. My belief is that problems like the
above are difficult to solve analytically and that the potential use of
infinite random variables is relatively small. I'd be thrilled to learn
that this belief was incorrect.

-Matt