Hi.

I finally registered our IRC channel with Freenode.  I have op
privileges, which means among other things that I can set the topic in
the channel.

If any core developers want op privileges, let me know.

Also, thanks to a GCI task, we now have a hopefully reliable logger
for the channel.  The logger is ilogger2, and the logs are at
http://colabti.org/irclogger/irclogger_logs/sympy.  Note that the IRC
topic must note that the channel is logged and link to the logs (this
is a condition of the colabti logging service).  If there are any
problems with the logging, ask on the #irclogger channel. See
http://colabti.org/IrcLoggerHelp.html for more information on the
logging software.