For this project, my end goal is to interface a series of Sympy equations
that I've built to an optimization solver.  In the context of optimization,
binary variables usually represent a decision, and in the context of
solving, they represent a "branch" point.  Branch points make it expensive
to find a solution because each branch is a basically a copy of the problem
that must be individually solved, and most implementations keep /both/ sub
problems in memory.  For large optimization problems (on the order of
millions of variables and millions of equations), even a reduction of a
single variable or equation can mean huge gains in solve-time.

I'm but human, and the equations I have written may have more room for
symbolic simplification before I pass them to the solver; this is where I'm
hoping Sympy can help.  I'll take a look at using the Mod() operation,
perhaps in it's own pass of the system for each equation that has a binary
variable.

If you're curious and don't already know about it, here's some "gentle
reading" in regards to mathematical optimization.  Chapters 12 and
specifically 13 would be of pertinence.

Practical Optimization: A Gentle
Introduction<http://www.sce.carleton.ca/faculty/chinneck/po.html>

Thanks for the pointer to Mod().