Is there a way of defining a multilinear function in sympy. Consider the following -

Assume we have a vector class and the function dot(x,y) is defined when when x and y are vectors and that vectors are inherited form non-commutating symbols. If x1,x2,y1, and y2 are vectors and a1,a2,b1, and b2 are commutating symbols we wish to have the behavior:

dot(a1*x1+a2*x2,b1*y1+b2*y2) = a1*b1*dot(x1,y1)+a1*b2*dot(x1,y2)+a2*b1*dot(x2,y1)+a2*b2*dot(x2,y2)