Hello,
I am Monalisa Gupta, a student of Electrical Engineering at Indian
Institute of Technology, Delhi. I would like to be part of sympy
organization for GSoC 2012 and work on the project which focuses on
implementing the Tensor Core for the Linear Algebra Module of sympy. I have
successfully completed a course in Abstract Linear Algebra at Undergraduate
Level.
The project description on the Ideas Page
https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/GSoC-2012-Ideas mentions that this
project will serve as the base for supporting various kind of application.
This project is divided into 2 parts
1. Developing the Tensor Expression Class
2. Refactoring of the existing code base

I have some question regarding the above subgoals
1. Are there any papers or research articles that discuss the efficient
implementation of Tensors?
2. Since I don't have any idea about the implementation specifics of
projects related to Tensor/Linear Algebra, Could someone help me with
developing the basic layout of the Tensor Expression Class so that it can
seamlessly support varied applications.

Regards
Monalisa Gupta