I am an undergraduate student currently doing my Masters in
Physics and will be doing my B.E in Computer Science next year. I had
done courses on quantum mechanics and I am comfortable to code in
Python.I would very much like to be part of GSOC 2012 for SymPy.
I was going through the 'Project Ideas' page and these projects
particularly interest me:

1)Position and momentum basis functions

2)Abstract Dirac notation

3)Implement All Known Analytical Solutions to Quantum Mechanical
Systems.

4)Quantum mechanics on graphs

Apart from them i think we can implement Particle Physics library.
Which includes-
-Conservation laws
-Feynman diagrams(can be shown using plot) and calculus
I am not sure about how much(extent) it can be implemented in summer
and weather it can be a project that can be done in sympy for GSOC.