Hi,

Intro: Sai Nikhil, 3rd year Graduate Student. Has enough experience with
python programming .

I am following up from various topics list on Sympy-GSoC 2012 ideas page. I
found Series, Matrices, Functions modules specifically interesting. I
wanted to know which algorithm has been implemented in matrix_multiply
function. Is it the Naive Algorithm ? If that were the case, then the
running time for the code would be of the order, O(n^3). The element wise
multiplication also takes, running time of the order, O(n^3). But Strassen
Algorithm would be more efficient compared to this, as the running time is
of the order, O(n^lg7)  ≈ O(n^2.807). I wanted to implement it and I need
your comments/views in regard to this.

I also submitted my first pull here:
https://github.com/sympy/sympy/pull/1130/

Please go through it and tell me if I need to make any edits, so that you
can merge it into sympy master .

*-thanks,*
*Sai Nikhil.T <http://www.tsndiffopera.in>*
*