Em 18-03-2012 15:06, Vipul Amler escreveu:
Hi,
I had previously asked about it but dint get a reply, on the thread.
I was interested on working on Sympy for Android, anyone who I can
discuss this with?

    Hi,

    I repeat here the answer to Vipul sent today directly to him.

I support a SymPy GUI for Android totally written in Python SL4A, but maybe the majority will choose a native (Dalvik) version for Android (and the problem will be the Java communicate with Python/SymPy).

I am a mentor candidate to help the development of a SymPy GUI for Android using Python SL4A.

Python SL4A (Scripting Layer for Android) is not full feature, for example, there is no canvas, no line, point graphics.

    My suggestions to about my mentorship subject :
- discuss about the SymPy GUI for Android in SymPy group;
- learn Python SL4A :
* SL4A site, search for Python :
http://code.google.com/p/android-scripting/wiki/Tutorials
Python SL4A webview GUI :
http://code.google.com/p/android-scripting/wiki/UsingWebView
* book "Pro Android Python with SL4A", 1st one about Python for Android, I am using it :
http://www.apress.com/9781430235699
- learn SymPy;
- try to make until beginning of April a simple example using Python SL4A with webview UI to show your capacity, maybe also using SymPy.

        Regards, Roberto