Am 23.03.2012 06:23, schrieb Rishav Das:

I can see you're right.

No harm done, that's what code review is for :-)

Can you close the pull request? Otherwise, it will stay around as "open, needs to be merged into the project" until somebody comes around to pulling it (and we'll have the same review discussion again).

> I was trying to meet the patch requirement for
GSoC 2012.

Hm... yes, I can see how that can happen.
The important point about patches is that they help the project along. A patch just for bureaucracy's sake isn't very useful, as you just found out :-)

Where did our web pages not make that clear enough?

> I'll focus instead on working on creating an Android app
since that makes more sense for my project idea.

Sounds like a good strategy.
Somebody with an Android background might be able to provide more advice on how to do that in a form that the project can use. (I have no Android background.)