Hi,

it seems like Kauer's algorithm can in particular deal with nested sums and products - something which gruntz cannot do at all. So I think this would be a useful thing to implement.

Since publications on this algorithm seem scarce, this project would likely be quite hard. You would have to make sure you understand the algorithm (and convince us of that!). But it does sound like an interesting proposal.

Tom