On 03/27/2012 03:16 PM, someone wrote:
Hi,

it seems like Kauer's algorithm can in particular deal with nested
sums and products - something which gruntz cannot do at all. So I
think this would be a useful thing to implement.

Since publications on this algorithm seem scarce, this project would
likely be quite hard. You would have to make sure you understand the
algorithm (and convince us of that!). But it does sound like an
interesting proposal.
It would be really nice to have such an algorithm and beeing able to
reproduce the examples given in that poster. However, I tend to think
that this is a byproduct of other work done related to symbolic summation.
(Why is there no explicit description published?) And unless we find
such a more detailed description of this algorithm, a correct
implementation will be really hard. (Redevelopping all necessary
math included!)

Why not ask Kauer directly for a reference - http://www.kauers.de/index.html