Hi Stefan,

I saw your proposal and it (symbolic coordinate-free differential geometry) looks like a really interesting thing to have.

(1) I think it would be good to extend the "usage" section to give some
    non-trivial examples. It does not matter if you make the particulars
    of input/output forms up, just show what you envision your code
    should be able to do at the end of the summer, in a best-case
    scenario.

(2) Add details on how you plan to implement things. What new classes
    will here be, what data structures do they hold? E.g. a manifold is
    typicaly constructed from patching open subsets of R^n along
    diffeomorphisms - but I am not aware of sympy code to represent even
    open balls (I could be wrong, obviously).

(3) Are there any non-trivial algorithms that you think could be
    implemented? (For example, might it be feasible to compute the
    euler characteristic of a Manifold via the Hopf index theorem?)

Best,
Tom