Greetings ,

I had this idea in mind and I thought I'd share it with you .

I wanted to know the feasibility of integrating support for  bitwise
operators ( AND(&),OR(|),NOT(~),shifts(<< and >> ) in symPy .
I guess showing step by step evaluation in case of shifts and rotates
would also be useful, something along this line : http://i.imgur.com/W7UAl.png
.
This is very basic, no-frills program I have implemented. It can be
extended to show output in hex and octal too.

Also, I guess this feature can be extended to cover most of the x86
asm instruction set. It would help users to see behind-the-scene
working of each instruction and how each operator affects the value. I
haven't come across any implementation yet and I believe it could be a
good addition to symPy.

Your feedback is appreciated.

Regards,
Nirmit Desai