Am 01.07.2012 21:56, schrieb Chris Smith:
a) Yes, use native dicts as much as possible. Trying to improve over a core
data structure that's getting unlimited love from the language team doesn't
sound like a winning idea to me :-)

Yes, this is the main point in Python.

b) Keep the sorted list of keys in a separate member variable.

Are you aware that there is now an ordered dictionary in python? It
was backported to 2.7.3, I believe.

To use that, we'd have to deprecate support for Python 2.5 and 2.6 first.

Jus' sayin', I don't have a fixed idea about whether we should actually do this.