Hi Saurabh,

There are many projects that you could work on. I recommend looking through
our issues list for the "Matrices" label. Here is a link

http://code.google.com/p/sympy/issues/list?can=2&q=label%3AMatrices+&colspec=ID+Type+Status+Priority+Milestone+Reporter+Summary+Stars&cells=tiles

Symbolic linear algebra is a big topic. Are you interested in implementing
algorithms to solve matrix computations (like fixing our eigenvector
decomposition routine)? Perhaps you're interested in applying matrices in
other fields like physics? There are many options. Take a look through the
issues list and let us know what you find interesting.

-Matthew