Hi Matthew, Aaron,

On Wednesday, 14 November 2012 15:56:16 UTC-5, Matthew wrote:

> There are two different systems in sympy to represent facts; these are our
> two assumptions systems.
> This has been one of the top issues in SymPy for a long while. If we had
> some mechanism to associate bounties to issues this would probably have the
> highest.

Thanks again for your help, this puts it into context.

I won a beer once for reliably triggering an exponential storage complexity
growth bug in a commercial compiler.  Turned out to be a very nasty issue,
just most people didn't hit it quite the way I did. :)  Sorry, it's nasty
knack I have for zooming in on these things.

I've got a work-around for now:  I just assigning integer numbers to my
symbols by their strict order, but I'll keep this one in mind when I've got
the time for it.  At least I'm getting the expansions right even if the
code conversion back into Python is going to be peculiar. :)  I do find
Sympy very useful and would like to contribute.

Best regards
-- Simon