Digging.  I'm looking to hack something in to support symbolic intervals
and need some advice, please.

I'm getting my problem laid out as an intersection, but I'm hitting a
problem performing the calculation symbolically.  If I have

  A,B,C,D = symbols( ( "A", "B", "C", "D" ), real=True )

  i_ab = Interval ( A, B )
  i_cd = Interval ( C, D )

  i_chk = Intersection( i_ab, i_cd )

then in line 449 of core/sets.py I don't have the is_comparable property.
I was looking through the core/relational.py code for an operator that
would allow me to impose a strict ordering, say A < C < B < D (in Maple I
would use something like assume(A<B) ).  Is there an accepted way of
attaching an is_comparable type operation to the individual Symbol objects,
say:

  A.is_lessthan( C )

which would (say) set

  A.is_comparable = True
  A.comparison_dict = { C : '<' }

or something suitably Sympy-compatible?  Should I fear combinatoric
complexity problems evaluating that?

Thanks
-- Simon