So Google has announced Google Summer of Code 2013.  Here's the
timeline: http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/events/google/gsoc2012.
We need to have our org application and ideas page ready by March 9,
which is sooner than it sounds.

The ideas page is at
https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/GSoC-2013-Ideas, the org
application is at
https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/GSoC-2013-Organization-Application,
and the student application template is at
https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/GSoC-2013-Application-Template.
So far, they are just copies of last year's stuff.  So we need to go
through the ideas page and remove any ideas that are no longer
relevant, and also add some new ones. If someone wants to attempt an
organizational cleanup of the page as well, that would be great too.
We also need to go through the organization application and student
template and update stuff.  We won't know the actual questions until
February 27 when the application period starts, but in the past they
have been almost exactly the same. Any help here is greatly
appreciated.

Now, to the main issue.  Who is willing to mentor this year? If you
are willing, please add your name to the bottom of the ideas page.
It's OK if you are only able to mentor certain projects. Just note
that. Even if you are on the fence, add your name.  The more potential
mentors we have, the better it looks to Google when they are reading
our application.  When it comes down to it, you won't have to mentor
anybody unless you want to.

If you've participated as a student before, I encourage you to
consider mentoring.  You may also apply as a student again if you
want.

To the people who helped review applications last year, are there any
changes you would like to see to the application template this year? I
know that there was a session at last year's mentor summit about this,
which Matthew, GIlbert, and Stefan attended.  It would be great if you
guys could review the template with that session in mind.

To anyone who is interested in applying to Google Summer of Code as a
student, I recommend you read through
https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/GSoC-2013-Application-Template.
Then, introduce yourself on this list (if you haven't already), and
get started on fulfilling your patch requirement.  You should also
start discussing what idea(s) you are are interested in.  We look
forward to meeting you.