I am experimenting the new plotting module (using MatPlotLib) of SymPy 0.7.2.

Besides being documented in :
http://docs.sympy.org/0.7.2/modules/plotting.html
and examples "plot_*.ipynb" in :
https://github.com/sympy/sympy/tree/master/examples/beginner
the following features don't work with me (using Ubuntu 12.04 64 bits, SymPy 0.7.2 git source code from 12/02/2013,
MatPlotLib 1.1.1~rc1, NumPy 1.6.1) :
- aspect_ratio in plot and plot_parametric;
- nb_of_points_x, nb_of_points_y in plot3d.

Does anyone have the same problems ?

Also, the notebook examples "plot_*.ipynb", IMHO, should have as first line, e.g. :
from sympy import *; from sympy.abc import x, y, z, t
so they can be run with a normal IPython Notebook (ipython notebook without --profile=sympy).

Last but not least, the required minimum version of MatPlotLib should be listed. Is v1.1 ?
I've tested v1.0 and some features don't work :
- adaptive sampling of plot_parametric for some functions;
- plot3d_parametric_line;
- surface_color option of plot3d & plot3d_parametric_surface.