concerning the prime notation: lambdify works by printing out your
code, changing some imports and some names and then feeding it to
"eval". All of it is just string operations. Not only it will choke on
quotes, it can cause security holes if you hide malicious code in the
name of the symbol.

And to your other question, as I said, if the functions have the same
signature, it will work just fine.