TexMacs already has builtin plugins for a bunch of computer algebra
systems (http://www.texmacs.org/tmweb/plugins/plugins.en.html). So
they probably would accept one for SymPy upstream. This would be
better, if they would accept it, because it removes the burden of
support this from us (who don't use this or even update it at all) to
them (who might not get the SymPy stuff perfectly right, but at least
it will be tested and work).

Aaron Meurer