+1 from me for the most part. Just one problem is there though. Since there
will be participants not from the US, there will be problems with the
internet connectivity/speed issues. As an example, the internet is quite
slow in here in India. It doesn't matter if you have a high speed
connection, there are times when internet is going to be slow and there's
nothing that can be done about it.

So, perhaps both the hangout and the IRC meetings should be there - the IRC
chats for those who couldn't attend the hangout. Just my thoughts.