I don't know (it depends on how much work Matuesz does). A contingency
would be to find suitable work-arounds.

Note that even the cyclic finite fields also need a lot of work. For
example, they are currently not instances of Basic, meaning that just
doing Matrix([[FF(2)(1)]]) does not work because of
https://code.google.com/p/sympy/issues/detail?id=3784.  So I would
plan on doing a good chunk of work on just fixing those.

If those objects are Basic, then I think that they should just work if
you dump them into the matrices. It won't be as fast as it will be
when the matrices get proper domains, but at least it will work, and
as soon as the matrices are rewritten, it will automatically become
faster.

Aaron Meurer