Hello everyone,

My name is Varun Joshi. I'm a Masters student in Mechanical Engineering at
the Ohio State University where I work in the Movement Lab (
http://www.movement.osu.edu). I've been in touch with the PyDy group on
their mailing list and since I will be applying to both groups for GSoC I
thought it best to introduce myself here as well.

The work in my lab is mostly on the dynamics of human walking. We build
simple and complex models and use Matlab's ode and optimization suite to
test theories and predict behavior. I learned about SymPy recently and
would like to contribute to its code base, especially the
sympy.physics.mechanics classes and functions.

I am interested specifically in the code generation idea under PyDy, i.e.
creating output codes which work directly with numerical ODE solvers, and
will definitely be visiting this group more often over the coming months to
get some guidance.

I recently submitted Pull requests #2033 which has been merged with the
sympy master. I also submitted Pull request #2067 which needs some more
work by the looks of it.

My GSoC application is up at
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2013/v9joshi/1and
on my Google site
https://sites.google.com/site/v9joshi/gsoc-blog/gsocapplication

I'd really appreciate some feedback on it if possible (I know it's very
close to the deadline).

Thank you,

Varun Joshi
Graduate Student
Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
The Ohio State University