That's an interesting idea, and I think it definitely has merit.  I
recently ran into a similar issue where adding an exact value meant that
some other simplifying code was skipped.

We'd probably have to store this 'snapshot of the coverage' on a server
somewhere/

We could use the diff between versions, but maybe there's a better way.