Thanks for sharing this. Just one comment. I wouldn't let the mechanics way
prevent you all from doing this the "right" way. With the right way being
whatever a more general approach is. The mechanics module was designed from
a very narrow point of view in terms of the mathematics. Without thinking
about this very hard, it seems that whatever we do in mechanics has got to
be some small subset of the generalities of vector calculus but we make
sure to really carefully deal with the details that most affect our systems
(rotations, vectors, reference frames, time differentiation).

I'm looking forward to seeing some of the problems done out by hand that
are outside the scope of the way we think about this from the mechanics
perspective. Maybe then I can comment better on the how mechanics would
work with a generalization. The stress test you wrote out is a nice start.

Jason
moorepants.info
+01 530-601-9791

On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 3:57 PM, Stefan Krastanov <krastanov.ste...@gmail.com